11 June 2015

Awesome Sauce Thursday II: Hit the Beach!


Part I: Normandy

June 6 marked the anniversary of the greates amphibious invasion ever attempted: Operation Overlord. This week for Awesome Sauce Thursday, I'd like to feature some excellent battles in miniature commemorating the important date and event. I'm a sucker for a good D-Day mega battle, so I was really pleased to see these two!

Miniature War Gaming's D-Day on D-Day

House of Hengist's Ambieve AAR


Part II: Novac

Fallout New Vegas is pretty awesome. You end up seetting up camp in a town called Novac (the town's name comes from a "No Vacancy" sign, where the "-ancy" removed). The principal attraction is a huge roadside monument of a T-Rex with a gift shop inside. With This is Not a Test gaining popularity, there is a guy in Australia who is working on a table featuring this small collection of buildings. I'm looking forward to seeing his progress and, with a little luck, going to see it myself at PAX Aus later this year. It's an awesome project! Now, I just need to get cracking on my own table!

Jayden Barr's Building NOVAC



That's all for this week! Thanks for stopping by.

Have some nominations for Awesome Sauce Thursday? Post them in the comments below and we'll collect them for next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment